Recently, I have been putting a lot of effort into my Instagram account. I have been using Instagram for a while, but until recently, did not really share much of my own work. I have gained a lot of inspiration from some of the great photographers that I follow on Instagram, and I thought it might be useful for some of you just starting out to have a few solid starting points to follow! So, in no particular order, here they are:
1. Jimmy Chin – A National Geographic photographer and North Face Athlete, Jimmy takes some of the most inspirational pictures I have ever seen.
@merufilm has been nominated for the Cinema Eye Audience Award. If you saw the film and were moved by it, you can vote for Meru at www.cinemaeyehonors.com/vote or hit the link in my profile. If you haven’t seen it, you can download Meru on @itunes. Much gratitude…. —————————————————-The quiet before the storm. @renan_ozturk enjoys a moment of solitude at Tapovon Basecamp before moving into our extremely small apartment on the side of the Sharks Fin. Garwhal Himalaya, India #merufilm @conrad_anker
2. Renan Ozturk – I had the pleasure of working with Renan in the Bugaboos while he was doing some commercial videography prior to doing a video shoot with The North Face crew. Very humble guy, and captures some of the most remote places in the world.
3. Chris Burkard – Chris just has some of those pictures that make you go, WOW. Started out as a surf photographer in California, and is seriously expanding his skill set. Definitely one to aspire to!
A headlamp definitely does not help you see the stars … but it sure does help light your subject and find your focus during a night exposure. I wanted to post another variation of this Milky Way over lake Wanaka photo I posted earlier and share a few tips. First off this is all one image – no composites, no stacking or PS. We shot this around ISO 4000 with a 14mm for 20seconds at F2.8. # It was a Rokinon lens and @sony A7S camera. Noise reduction turned on in camera. Shot with induro tripod . Processed with Topaz labs ISO noise reduction and Lightroom 5 # The little guy down there had to stay super still for all 20s.. And his headlamp was turned on for only 5 seconds- the headlamp was also the best way to accurately find focus. We shot this around 3AM when the milky was just above us. Any other questions just ask me! 😁
4. Paul Zizka – A Banff local, Paul takes some of the most incredible nature landscapes I have ever seen. His knack for getting out and capturing the aurora borealis is second to none!
Another awesome aurora at Minnewanka. It wasn't enough to watch this one from the shore. #CanadianCreatives #MountainCultureElevated #aurora #northernlights #alalamiya #artsyheaven #warrenjc #ic_adventure #epic_shotz #canon_photo #explorecanada #canadianrockies #fantastic_earth #huffpostcanada #ig_dynamic #ig_mood #instagoodmyphoto #master_shots #neverstopexploring #ditchcomfort #reflection #banff #amazingphotohunter
5. John E Marriott – Wildlife photographer extraordinaire! John seems to have a major knack for finding animals at the right place, at the right time. Some very inspiring wildlife photographs that I wish I had the opportunity to get more of.
Still have one spot available on the September 10th-18th Spirit Bear Photography Tour in the Great Bear Rainforest after last week's cancellation. Check out the details at www.canwildphototours.com if you can fancy yourself getting up close and personal with Kermode bears like this beautiful guy. ——————————————– #spiritbear #wildlifeplanet #AnimalsAddict #eXclusive_animals @anmlpage #worldshotz #master_shots #igbest_shotz #rsa_nature #ig_naturelovers #hot_shotz #InstaNatureFriends_ #artnetinstagram #exploringtheglobe #canon_photos #nature_good #OurPlanetDaily #fantastic_earth #TheGlobeWanderer #photowildlife
Have any to add to the list? Feel free to add them in the comments!